Inward investment: launch of Team France Invest
The foundation of Team France Invest are the territories where foreign investors create the most jobs and where the challenges of reindustrialization are the strongest.
To boost France's attractiveness, the government has officially launched "Team France Invest", bringing together public players around Business France, based on the model of Team France Export.
With a 17% drop in foreign investments in 2020, France is saving the furniture in the difficult context of the health crisis, with a 33% drop worldwide. This "attractiveness team" will be deployed in the regions as part of the partnership agreement of September 28th, 2020.
Creating synergies between public players in the field of attractiveness :
Officially launched on February 26th by Jacqueline Gourault, Minister of Territorial Cohesion and Relations with Local Authorities, Franck Riester, Minister Delegate for Foreign Trade and Attractiveness, and Agnès Pannier-Runacher, Minister Delegate for Industry, Team France Invest is described by its creators as a "collective and collaborative working method" that responds to an "imperative for agility and greater efficiency in public action in favor of international investors".
In order to carry out their mission, Business France and the regional development agencies will have to facilitate exchanges between the various public players involved in attracting investors by setting up coordination tools with :
- Regional presidents and their departments,
- the economic departments of embassies through the agreement between BF and the DG Treasury,
- regional prefects and all decentralized government departments: SGAR, CDPR, RUI, CRP, SISSE, DRAAF,
- the central services of the ministries MEFR, MEAE, MCT, MINAGRI, and MTE,
- key State operators, especially ANCT, as well as the Banque des territoires and Bpifrance.
A precise specific roadmap, supported by the implementation of digital tools :
The objective today is to anticipate the needs of the territories and investors already present (collection and feedback of information on the needs of companies, mapping of foreign establishments, etc.), to support new investors (implementation of promotional actions for the 78 turnkey industrial sites, putting growing French companies in touch with foreign investors, provision of fact sheets presenting the assets of the territories), and to encourage exchanges between partners in order to promote the assets of the territories.
The basis of the working method used by Team France Invest has been divided into three issues, which form part of driven by a shared roadmap:
- anticipating the needs of existing territories and investors,
- accelerating investments by supporting those who are considering them,
- creating links and facilitating exchanges between each of the parties.