The Buyer Credit is granted to a foreign client (private or public companies, sovereign entities) for the purpose of financing the purchase of equipments, infrastructures, and related services supplied by a French exporter
The amount of the credit is based on goods and services purchased through the commercial contract. Additionally, the financing can include the Bpifrance Assurance Export insurance premium (Bpifrance Assurance Export acting on behalf of the French State).
• Eligible portion financed
A maximum of 85% of the « rapatriable portion » of the commercial contract may be financed. The repatriable portion includes the French content (part of the equipment produced or assembled in France) together with the foreign content.
A local portion of the contract can be included for a value amounting up to 30% of the value of the « rapatriable portion ».
Within the « rapatriable portion » of the commercial contract, the foreign portion (items purchased outside of France) cannot exceed:
– 80% for exporters with a yearly turnover inferior or equal to EUR 150m (social statements)
– 50% for exporters with a yearly turnover exceeding EUR 150m
The commercial contract must require a minimum down payment of 15% of the « eligible portion ».
• Amount of the credit
Minimum EUR 5m, maximum EUR 25m on a stand-alone basis and up to a EUR 75m participation in a banking syndicate.
Split into two periods:
– A preliminary period, or drawing period, generally lasting around 2 years,
– A repayment period of 3 to 10 years (depending on the type of goods financed and the country of destination) starting on the delivery date or the provisional acceptance date.
• Repayment period
Consecutive and equal instalments, first repayment date falling 6 months after the starting point of credit
Half-yearly in arrears
• Financial Terms
Pricing Fixed rates: Subject to current pricing conditions (depending on the project, the exporter may request for the CIRR to be implemented).
Floating rate: indexed on 6 months Euribor spot rate (half-yearly instalments)
– Arrangement Fee: flat, calculated on the total amount of credit,
– Commitment fee: per annum, calculated on the undrawn portion of the credit, starting on the date of signing of the loan agreement until the beginning of the repayment period,
– Legal and administration costs incurred by the borrower.
• Credit insurance and guarantees
The 95% insurance cover of Bpifrance Assurance Export is mandatory and can be completed by additional securities.
Co-financing (funding through a banking syndicate) will be favoured for a financing amounting to more than EUR 25m.
Who is it for?
French exporting companies looking to offer financing solutions to their foreign buyers; and foreign entities looking to finance Export contracts entered into with French suppliers.
How to benefit from this product or activity ?
Export contracts are financed if eligible for French Export Credit Agency Cover.
Other offers you might be interested in