France Region Investment is a fund involving equity or quasi-equity, managed by teams located in the region and investing in SMEs and small ISEs from general funds.
Its 23 locations in France, its team of 50 investors with a strong entrepreneurial culture, and its long-term investment vision make it a locally-based partner, serving companies and regions.
• It covers all sectors, with the exception of real estate development, banking, and insurance.
• It funds development projects (strengthening of the financial structure, acceleration of internal and external growth, expansion abroad) and the transfer (sale, restructuring of capital) of French companies.
• It supports its investments by making its network and expertise available to the company, in multiple areas (management tools, strategic discussions, operating performance, exports, etc.).
• If its directors prefer, it promotes networking between companies in its portfolio (more than 400 companies) and with other companies in which Bpifrance invests.
Combined with various existing themed funds under Growth Capital management, including the Sector Investment Fund (SIF) and the Tourism Investment Fund (TIF), the France Region Investment fund groups small- and medium-sized companies based on a common goal: to develop, consolidate, and transfer growing SMEs and ISEs in France.
Together, these funds use multi-specialised, strongly industrial positioning to strengthen the skills and expertise of the French economy. They have already benefited more than 1,000 SMEs and ISEs through equity investments.
Director of France Region Investment
- + €1.4 Billion
- + €120 Million
invested in 2018
investment transactions in 2018
How to benefit from this product or activity?
The main investment rules for Direct SME funds are:
• The project is profitable and has the potential to create valuThe investment is in equity and quasi-equity, and is seeking co-investment, with tickets ranging from €1m to €7m
• The investment is a minority investment (although there may be exceptions in cases involving co-financing)
• The investment is a long-term investment and triggers 360° support for the company (with participation in governance on a case-by-case basis) in order to boost growth and achieve its potential to create value
• The investment decision involves ESG criteria