The Mid Cap funds invest in most sectors through SMEs and ISEs with strong growth potential in order to create larger companies that are competitive in the European and global markets.
The Mid Cap funds include Equity funds (equity and quasi-equity funds) and Mid-Debt funds (quasi-equity, subordinated debt, and senior debt funds) for amounts ranging from €5m to €20m, with a reinvestment capacity.
• Bpifrance Capital I Fund is a €220m professional specialised fund (PSF) investing in equity and quasi-equity and mainly involving growth capital operations within family SMEs and ISEs or capital transfers or restructuring (with or without a sponsor). The team invests mainly in profitable French companies with organic and external growth opportunities in France and abroad.
• Bpifrance Mezzanine I Fund is a €270m PSF providing mezzanine or unitranche loans and mainly involving growth capital operations with family SMEs and ISEs or capital transfers or restructuring (with or without a sponsor). The team invests mainly in profitable French companies with organic and external growth opportunities in France and abroad.
• FIC Private Debt Fund is a €140m securitisation fund eligible for the category of funds for loans to the economy and mainly involving the funding of growth and transfer operations. The fund invests in senior debt French companies with maturities of five to eight years (i.e. loans, bonds, and EuroPP). This fund is intended to improve funding opportunities for SMEs and ISEs generating more than €5 million in revenue.
Director of Midcap Investments
- Nearly €56 Million
invested in nine companies in 2018 (Midcap Equity)
- Nearly €50 Million
invested in six companies in 2018 (Midcap Debt)
How to benefit from this product or activity?
The main investment rules for Mid Cap funds are:
• Investments in quasi-equity, subordinated debt, and senior debt from €5m to €20m, with a reinvestment capacity
• Minority investment
• All sectors, with the exception of real estate development, banking, insurance, and polling organisations
• Project is profitable and has the potential to create value
• Arranger/co-arranger or participant
• Search for co-investors based on the funding amount
• Representation in the governance bodies
• Strategic, financial, and HR support
• An investment decision that involves ESG criteria