Sector Investment Fund
The Sector Investment Fund (SIF) is a sector-specific fund investing in SMEs and ISEs linked to the rail, wood/furniture, ecological and energy transition, and defence sectors.
The Sector Investment Fund focuses on sectors that are strategic and fundamental for the national economy in order to consolidate them and create players with a strong potential to create value.
Along with the France Region Investment fund and the France Tourism Investment fund, the Sector Investment Fund (SIF) groups small- and medium-sized companies based on a common goal: to develop, consolidate, and transfer growing SMEs and ISEs in France. Together, these funds use multi-specialised, strongly industrial positioning to strengthen the skills and expertise of the French economy. They have already benefited more than 1,000 SMEs and ISEs through equity investments.
The Sector Investment Fund is part of Bpifrance Investment’s Growth Capital Department.
Director of Sector Investment funds
Mail : Jacques.Solleau@bpifrance.fr
- + €250 Million
companies in the portfolio
How to benefit from this product or activity?
The main investment rules are:
• The project is profitable and has the potential to create value
• The investment is in equity and quasi-equity, and is seeking co-investment, with tickets ranging from €1m to €7m
• The investment is a minority investment (although there may be exceptions in cases involving co-financing)
• The investment is a long-term investment and triggers 360° support for the company (with participation in governance on a case-by-case basis) in order to boost growth and achieve its potential to create value
• The investment decision involves ESG criteria