Our cooperation model
Bpifrance aims to be the valued partner of French companies at every stage of their development. It is committed to cooperating with its counterparts across Europe and internationally, to creating mutual value for the benefit of companies’ growth and to supporting EU policies that promote entrepreneurship and innovation.
As internationalisation is a key component of our support for French entrepreneurs, we are committed to cooperating with counterparts across Europe and internationally:
Sharing experiences, learning about best practices and working with counterparts improves efficiency and innovation: our team facilitates information-sharing and partnerships and brings in different business departments, as needed, or our dedicated advisory team.
Through its Brussels office, Bpifrance plays an active role in the European public debate and dialogue with European institutions and counterparts.
As a long-term investor and promotional institution, Bpifrance supports EU policies that encourage entrepreneurship and innovation and oversees initiatives at the national and regional level:
• As a partner of the European Investment Bank and shareholder of the European Investment Fund, it supports InvestEU
• As a partner of the Regional Authorities, it deploys ESIF funds to small and medium-sized enterprises
• It facilitates French SMEs’ access to Horizon 2020
Who is it for?
In an increasingly connected world, our products and programmes offer various models for cooperating with foreign financial and institutional partners with the aim of supporting business through cooperation:
• Foreign banks that provide trade finance to French exporters can access our Export Credit Agency’s products to facilitate international trade.
• Innovation agencies can cooperate to promote open innovation and the international expansion of SMEs: financing of technology cooperation projects under joint calls for proposals, GlobalStars or on an ad hoc basis
• Investors, including capital market investors, can partner with Bpifrance, which is regulated by the ECB, through:
• Fixed-income investments, notably bond issuance programmes
• Tailor-made variable-income investment partnerships
• Business support organisations can work with us to jointly provide SME and midcap advisory services to accelerate their cross-border development and networking capabilities, including with investors
AECM represents the interests of 47 guarantee societies from Europe having in common the mission of providing loan guarantees for SMEs who have an economically sound project but cannot provide sufficient bankable collateral.
The Berne Union is the leading global association for the export credit and investment insurance industry. Members include government-backed official export credit agencies, multilateral financial institutions, and private credit insurers from 73 countries around the world.
The European Long-Term Investors Association (ELTI) gathers 28 European long-term financial institutions. With a combined balance sheet of € 1.7 trillion, ELTI’s goal is to promote long-term investment in close alignment with the objectives and initiatives developed by the European Union.
EUREKA strengthens European competitiveness and entrepreneurship by fostering innovation collaboration between industry and research. Bpifrance hosts the French Sectretariate and finances French participants in Eurostars and other projects.
Euromed capital promotes exchanges and cooperation between different actors and partners in private equity on both sides of the Mediterranean.
The European Venture Fund Investors Network (EVFIN) gathers major European public institutions investing in venture capital funds.
The Network of European Financial Institutions for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (NEFI), consists currently of 18 financial institutions from 18 European Union Member States.
The association of National innovation Agencies gathers 28 members across Europe and facilitates exchange of practices and collaboration between agencies in innovation support.
The Montreal group is a global forum bringing together 9 Development Banks with a focus on SMEs and Midcaps.